A design principal In projects.
Designing with a deep understanding of the project. Testing assumptions, especially when the project is meant to “solve a problem”.
Develop a clear understanding of the clients values and priorities. Sometimes there are multiple parties with somewhat conflicting values. Unearthing these early will save a lot of heartache later.
Developing a thorough understanding of the site first. We look at a site from numerous angles, from views, solar orientation, and terrain, to demographics, zoning, and neighborhood connectivity.
Developing plans that truly support an organization’s (or family’s) goals.
Designing true to materials and methods.
In Teams and Culture.
We strive to create a place for respectful authenticity, and believe in the benefit of improving understanding of ourselves and others, and being open about our strengths and weaknesses.
Back to Overview, or on to:
- Health: People (including relationships), Projects, Organization, Community, Planet
- Responsibility: Your project is your baby, and we really don’t like micromanaging
- Authenticity: It takes courage but is so worth it.
- Excellence: Not perfection
- Evolution: Failing and Learning